3 Houlton Rd. | Presque Isle, Maine 047691
Welcome to "The County"
Central Aroostook County, where you set the pace! You can fly directly from Boston to Presque Isle in a little over an hour! Cars are available at the airport and you are on your way to the getaway of a lifetime! Central Aroostook County offers beauty and interesting vistas every season. As the leaves change color and start to drop we prepare for the incredible snowmobile season, cross country skiing, alpine skiing, biathlons, skating, star gazing and more. There is nothing that compares with star gazing and the Northern Lights in Aroostook County.
Central Aroostook COC Serves The Following Communities:
Recreation Opportunities In Central Aroostook County:
About 'The County"
Aroostook County’s climate can be classified as a typical continental type. Winters run from early November to late March,with snowfall averaging about 110 inches per season. The average first freeze is mid September, and the average last freeze is mid May. Summers are temperate and have abundant rainfall which is one of the most important factors in the high yield of diversified crops. Temperatures range from a daily average of 76 degrees F in the summer, 52 degrees in the fall, 19 degrees in the winter and 46 degrees in the spring.
Annual Popular Event:
Find Detailed Info About The Following Specific Activities:
- 2016 Hunting Seasons and WMDs for Central Aroostook
- Aroostook National Wildlife Refuge
- Aroostook State Park
- ATVing In Central Aroostook
- Big Rock Ski Area
- Birding in Aroostook County
- Come Ski in Central Aroostook!
- Enjoy Golf In the Central Aroostook Area
- Fishing In The Central Aroostook Area
- Motorcycling In Aroostook County
- Nordic Heritage Center
- Off Road Biking In Central Arootook
- Public Boat Launches in Central Aroostook
- Road Biking In Central Aroostook
- Snowmobiling In the Central Aroostook Area
- The Caribou Marathon