92 Main Street Ashland, ME 04732
North Maine Woods is really three things: each is unique.
- It is a region of over 3.5 million acres of top quality commercial forest land. Included within its boundaries are two of the most famous wild rivers of the Northeast - the St. John and the Allagash. North Maine Woods completely surrounds the Allagash Wilderness Waterway.
- It is an organization. Landowners - big and small, corporations, individuals, and families have joined with Maine's natural resource agencies in a partnership to solve today's problems and plan for the future.
- It is a spirit. Past and present; people and nature meet here. Men and women who make their living from the woods and those who relax here love this area. And through North Maine Woods, they work together to see that while they take forest products, fish, wildlife, and pleasure from this great region, they take nothing that will make it any less in the future.
- Open Year Round (Some Winter restrictions)
- 15 Checkpoints for Entry
- Pets Welcome (on leash)
- Public Restrooms
- 170,000 acre Jo-Mary Multiple Use Forest (Access fees)
- Jo-Mary Campground - 70 tent/trailer sites
- 3.5 million acres under management
- Under 15 Years of Age
- Age 70 & Over
- Per Person Per Day
- Camping/Night (in addition to daily fee)
- Over 70 / Camping Only Season Pass
- Over 70 / Camping Only Auunal Pass
- Day Use Annual Registration
- Day Use + Unlimited Camping Annual Registration
- Special Rates available - call for details